Ham and Potato Soup.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, ham and potato soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ham and Potato Soup is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Ham and Potato Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Before you decide to jump to Ham and Potato Soup, you might want to look at this small interesting healthy ideas about Fast and Simple Lunches for the Cooking Challenged
Let’s face it, cooking isn’t a top priority in the lifestyles of every man, woman, or child on the planet. In fact, way too people have left understanding how to cook a priority in their own lives. Which means that we often exist on convenience foods and boxed blends instead of just taking the effort to prepare healthful food to the families and our own personal enjoyment.
The same holds true for lunches once we frequently add to a can of soup or box of macaroni and cheese or some other such product instead of putting our creative efforts into building a quick and easy yet delicious lunch. You will notice many thoughts in this guide and the expectation is that these ideas will not just get you off to a wonderful beginning for finishing the lunch rut we all look for ourselves in at any time or another but and to try new things all on your very own.
Try sandwiches using unique breads. Surprisingly, my kids love trying new items. It’s an uncommon trait for which I am extremely grateful. Believe me I know all too well how fortunate I am. Her favourite sandwich choice is now Hawaiian sweet rolls. We set the meat, mustard, cheese, and pickle inside her roster as if it were a bun and she’s thrilled. It is possible to broil this in your toaster for a couple of minutes to get a infrequent sandwich treat. The cooking part is very minimal and you also would not have to own thorough knowledge of anything to get ready or enjoy these simple treats. Other great bread ideas include croissants with ham and cheese or chicken salad, taco pitas (another fantastic favorite in our household), and paninis (this works well in the event you’ve got a George Foreman grill or a panini press).
While this is certainly not the end all be guide to cooking fast and simple lunches it’s great food for thought. The hope is that this will get your creative juices flowing so that you are able to prepare excellent lunches for the family without needing to accomplish too terribly much heavy cooking through the practice.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have ham and potato soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Potato Soup:
- Prepare 10-12 lbs of ham.
- Make ready 1 of whole onion, peeled.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 2 cups of chopped onion.
- Take 2 lbs of carrots sliced.
- Get 8 stalks of celery sliced.
- Make ready 5 lbs of red potatoes (1.5 in cubes, NOT peeled).
- Prepare 2 cups of 2% milk.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- Take 1 tbs of real horseradish.
- Make ready of Rough.
- Get 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
Steps to make Ham and Potato Soup:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook ham for 1.5-2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes. Slice ham best you can leaving about 2 cups of meat on the bone..
- Place bone in a large stock pot, add in enough water until it covers the bone. Add 1 whole onion and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Take out ham bone and whole onion. Add in chopped onions, sliced carrots, and sliced celery. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add in potatoes, simmer for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. To help break up potatoes smash is the back of a large spoon or whisk..
- Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and real horseradish..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat. Add in flour and stir constantly until consistency of wet sand..
- Once the soup comes back to a low boil, whisk in rough. Mix occasionally for the next 10 minutes and enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food ham and potato soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!