Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, tuscan chicken mac w/ dr pepper bbq glaze. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Before you decide to soar to Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze, you might want to look at this small attention-grabbing wholesome ideas about Healthful Cooking Is Crucial for Families
In regards to cooking healthy meals for our own families, there is obviously some amount of dissention among the positions. The good news is there are recipes which have become healthy but the wholesome temperament of these recipes is significantly concealed. What they do not know in such instances truly should not attract harm their way (outside allergies, which should not be ignored).
Wholesome cooking can be difficult because most folks do not desire to spend some time preparing and planning meals that our families won’t eat. At exactly the exact same time, we want our families to be healthy so we are feeling compelled to master new and improved methods of cooking healthy foods to our family to enjoy (and unfortunately in some cases scorn).
There are a number of magazines and books which can be filled with recipes which encourage healthy cooking and eating habits. If you really love to cook, then there isn’t any shortage of recipes which you are able to try out along the way. The great good news is you may incorporate wholesome cooking into your cooking regular whether you are cooking for one or a household .
It’s those tiny measures that you take towards your aim of cooking well balanced meals for the family that will matter a lot greater than any leap. Before you realize it that you will realize that you all have more energy and a better understanding of general wellbeing than you’d have envisioned before changing your cooking habits. If that is not enough to encourage you however, you could check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes once you drop a size or 2.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tuscan chicken mac w/ dr pepper bbq glaze using 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze:
- Take of Chicken.
- Make ready 2 of large skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1-inch thickness (or 4 boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets).
- Take of Salt & Pepper to Season.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (sweet or smokey).
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of oil, divided (use olive or canola oil).
- Take of Macaroni.
- Get 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- Make ready 6 cloves of garlic finely diced.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Get 9 oz of jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil and drain the rest).
- Prepare 3 of level tablespoons flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Take 3 cups of milk OR light cream* or half and half, divided.
- Take 2 teaspoons of dried Italian herbs.
- Get 3 cups of elbow macaroni uncooked.
- Get 6 of small sweet peppers chopped.
- Take 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of grated cheese Cheddar or Gruyere.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped.
- Get of DP BBQ Glaze.
- Take 1 can of Dr Pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of liquid hickory smoke.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Take of Salt and pepper to season.
Steps to make Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze:
- Chop Sweet Peppers and Mince the garlic cloves..
- Zest one lime and dice up onion.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, add Dr Pepper, Tomato Paste, liquid smoke, salt and pepper, and brown sugar. Stir to slight boil and reduce heat set aside..
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, dried parsley and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large (30cm or 12-inch) pot or pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Transfer into oven at 250° and continue to bake until 175°-180° internal temp. Remove and let rest..
- In a new pan, add the butter and fry the onion and garlic until the onion becomes transparent, stirring occasionally (about 2 minutes). Pour in the chicken broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, or until beginning to reduce down..
- Add the sun dried tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the sun dried tomato oil from the jar and cook for 1-2 minutes to release as much flavour as possible. Then add in sweet peppers. Glaze a bit with cream..
- Stir the flour into the pot and allow to cook for a further minute. Then, add the broth, 2 1/2 cups of milks (or cream/half and half), herbs, salt and pepper, and bring to a very low simmer (lower the heat if you need to)..
- Add the dry macaroni and stir occasionally as it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat down to medium low and stir regularly while it cooks (for about 9 – 10 minutes), or until the sauce thickens and the macaroni is just cooked (al dente: tender but still firm)..
- Take the pot off the stove and stir all of the cheese in quickly. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce it too thick, add the remaining 1/2 cup milk (or cream) in 1/4 cup increments, until reaching desired thickness. Keep in mind the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools..
- Slice the chicken into strips and place on top of macaroni. Glaze with sauce. Sprinkle with lime zest, Serve immediately!.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food tuscan chicken mac w/ dr pepper bbq glaze recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!