Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Before you decide to jump to Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes, you may want to read through this shorter fascinating healthful strategies about Easy and quick Lunches for the Cooking Challenged
Let’s face it, cooking isn’t just a top priority in the lives of every person, woman, or child on the planet. In actuality, way too individuals have forced understanding how to cook a priority in their own lives. Which usually means that people often exist on foods and boxed mixes rather than taking the effort to prepare healthful food for the families and our personal enjoyment.
The same is true for lunches when we usually add to your can of soup or even box of macaroni and cheese or any other similar product rather than putting our creative efforts into making an instant and easy yet delicious lunch. You will notice many thoughts in this guide and the expectation is that these ideas won’t just enable you to get off to a great start for ending the lunch R-UT we all look for ourselves in at some point or another but also to use new things all on your own.
Try sandwiches using various breads. Contrary to popular belief, my children love trying new ideas. It’s an uncommon attribute which is why I am extremely grateful. Believe me I understand all too well how blessed I am. Her favorite sandwich choice is now Hawaiian candy rolls. We put the beef, cheese, mustard, and pickle in her roll as if it were a bun and she is thrilled. Other great notions consist of hollowing out crusty rolls and filling them with roast beef and cheddar. It is possible to replicate this in your oven for a few minutes for a rare sandwich treat. The cooking part is very minimal and you also do not have to own comprehensive knowledge of whatever to prepare or delight in those treats that are simple.
While that is in no way the end all be all guide to cooking easy and quick lunches it is great food for thought. The expectation is that will get your own creative juices flowing so that you are able to prepare wonderful lunches for your family without the need to accomplish too horribly much heavy cooking through the process.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- Get 3 pounds of chicken pieces (I like bone-in, skin on).
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of flour.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get 1 of onion, cut into 1/2" wide slices.
- Make ready 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 3 of fresh tomatoes, cut into sixths.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh).
- Prepare 2 cups of unsalted liquid (any combo of water, dry white wine, or chicken or veg stock).
- Get 12 of olives.
- Make ready 2 Tablespoons of olive brine.
- Take of zest of half a lemon (optional).
- Make ready 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Make ready 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- Take of chopped fresh parsley for finishing.
Steps to make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and then dust on both sides with the flour..
- Preheat pot to medium high, add oil, then brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes a side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside..
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes until onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes, bay, oregano, and lemon zest, give it a stir, and let the herbs bloom for a minute or so..
- Add the chicken back along with olives, olive brine, liquid (stock or water). Give it a gentle stir and adjust salt seasoning if needed. Turn heat down to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add potatoes and try to submerge them as under the liquid as much as you can. You might like to add another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt to lend a little extra seasoning for the potatoes. Simmer, with lid askew for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (and maybe add a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing onto the chicken right before eating). Enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. :).
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!