Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, caper-walnut quinoa with sautéed swiss chard, chickpeas and scallions. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions is something which I have loved my whole life.
Before you soar to Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions, you might want to read this small exciting healthy ideas about Quick and Easy Lunches for the Cooking Challenged
Let us face it, cooking isn’t just a high priority at the lives of every man, woman, or child on the planet. In fact, far too folks have forced understanding how to cook a priority in their lives. This means that people often exist on power foods and boxed mixes rather than taking the time to prepare healthy meals to our families and our own personal enjoyment.
The same is true for lunches once we often add to your can of soup or box of macaroni and cheese or any other similar product rather than putting our creative efforts into creating a quick and easy yet delicious lunch. You may see many ideas in this article and the hope is that these thoughts will not just get you off to a great beginning for ending the lunch R-UT all of us look for ourselves in at a certain point or another but and to use new things all on your own.
Lettuce wraps. All these mike delightfully flavorful lunch snacks along with the filling may be prepared ahead of time, which leaves just re heating the filling and wrap when you are all set to eat. This is really a fun lunch to share with your little ones also it educates them that lettuce is far more elastic than people frequently give it credit for being. Some individuals choose to go with a teriyaki motivated filling; my children likes taco inspired fillings for our lettuce rolls. You are absolutely free to come up with a favorite filling of one’s personal.
While that is certainly not the end all be all guide to cooking quick and easy lunches it’s excellent food for thought. The stark reality is that will get your own creative juices flowing so you may prepare excellent lunches for your own family without having to do too much heavy cooking through the process.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook caper-walnut quinoa with sautéed swiss chard, chickpeas and scallions using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions:
- Prepare of Caper-Walnut Quinoa.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of water.
- Make ready 1 cup of quinoa.
- Get 1/2 cup of walnut pieces.
- Get 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Get 2 tbsp of capers.
- Take 2 tsp of caper liquid.
- Take 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare of Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Take 4 of scallions, roots removed, whites and greens separated, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of leaves of swiss chard, leaves and stalks separated, both cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chickpeas, cooked.
Steps to make Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Heat a small-medium saucepot over low heat. Add quinoa and toast for 4-5 minutes while stirring. Add 1 1/4 cups of water to pot. Bring water to a boil, cover, and lower heat to medium-low. Simmer until quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid. Leave covered, remove from heat, and set aside..
- Scatter walnuts on a large cookie sheet or baking pan. Toast in oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven, and reserve..
- Once the quinoa has cooled for 6-8 minutes, stir in the butter, capers, walnuts, salt and pepper..
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the olive oil, then add the white part of the scallions. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chard greens and stems and chickpeas, and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Divide the quinoa on two plates. Top with the chard-chickpea mixture. Drizzle the remaining olive oil, caper liquid and scallion greens around the plate and on the quinoa, chard, and chickpeas. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food caper-walnut quinoa with sautéed swiss chard, chickpeas and scallions recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!