Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, tilapia in sweet and sour soy sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Before you decide to bounce to Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce, you may want to look at this short exciting healthy suggestions about Nutritious Cooking is a Must for Families
When it comes to cooking healthy meals for our own families, there is definitely some amount of dissention among the ranks. The good news is that there are recipes that are very healthy but the nutritious nature of those recipes is somewhat concealed. What they don’t know in such instances truly should not bring harm their way (outside of allergies, which will not be discounted ).
Wholesome cooking can be difficult as many folks do not need to spend time preparing and planning meals that our families refuse to eat. At the exact same timewe need our own families to be healthier so we are feeling pressured to learn improved and new ways of cooking healthy foods for our family to love (and regrettably in some scenarios scorn).
For those that are hoping to add healthy cooking customs into their daily routines, you’ll find no more funds available than ever before to be able to assist you in those endeavors. You can find the services of a skilled nutritionist, so your physician can offer advice, you can discover all kinds of books on healthy eating, cooking, and alive at your regional library, and also the Internet is an outstanding source of all kinds of information when it comes to leading a healthier life style throughout.
It’s those small actions you take towards your goal of cooking well balanced meals for the family which may matter a lot greater than any giant leap. Before you understand it you may discover that you all have greater energy and a greater sense of general wellbeing than you would have envisioned before changing your cooking customs. If that isn’t sufficient to encourage you however, you could check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes when you lose a size or 2.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook tilapia in sweet and sour soy sauce using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce:
- Get 1 of medium tilapia.
- Get of Some salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of Potato starch.
- Take of Oil for deep frying.
- Take 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Take 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 TBS of fish sauce.
- Make ready 3 Tbs of tomato ketchup.
- Take 1 of medium clove of garlic minced.
- Get 1 of thin slice of ginger minced.
- Get 1/2 TBS of potato starch.
- Prepare 1/2 TBS of water.
- Take of Some julienned green onion, carrot, ginger.
- Make ready of Few sprigs of cilantro.
Instructions to make Tilapia in Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce:
- Make few shallow cuts on fish. Dry fish well with paper towel. Especially inside head and belly. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on and inside fish. Let it rest for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up about 2 cups of oil in a 10 inch pan (or big enough for the size of fish, of course more oil) on medium heat for about 10 or more minutes..
- Sprinkle potato starch abundantly on and inside of fish. Shake off excess potato starch. Check oil temperature. Use thermometer or chopstick. Put fish in and fry for 12 to 15 minutes on each side. I had to do this because my pan was little too small for the fish (picture)..
- After finish frying both side, remove fish to a plate. Turn heat down to low. Meanwhile make the sauce..
- Dilute 1/2 TBS potato starch and 1/2 TBS water in a small bowl. Put soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, fish sauce and tomato ketchup in a saucepan. Boil on medium heat while stirring. Add diluted potato starch in, keep stirring until it boils. Remove from stove, add minced garlic and ginger..
- Turn back heat to medium high for the oil pan. Check temperature. When oil is ready, fry fish one more time for crunchiness. About 1 1/2 minute for each side. Remove fish to serving plate..
- Pour sauce over fish. Garnish with some julienned green onion, carrot, ginger and cilantro..
- Serve with hot rice..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food tilapia in sweet and sour soy sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!