Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce. A rich creamy tomato soup with some tortellini to fill your tummy. Serve with some hot garlic bread! I just combined a few of my favorites from other recipes and added some Add light cream and parmesan cheese.
Store-bought cheese tortellini is a great time-saving dish, perfect for a busy weeknight. Sometimes a jarred tomato sauce will do, but when. Cook Cheese and Spinach Tortellini according to package directions.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, tortellini with a creamy tomato basil sauce. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
A rich creamy tomato soup with some tortellini to fill your tummy. Serve with some hot garlic bread! I just combined a few of my favorites from other recipes and added some Add light cream and parmesan cheese.
Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Before you decide to jump to Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce, you might want to read through this brief exciting wholesome guidelines about Healthy Cooking Is Vital for Families
In regards to cooking healthful meals for the own families, there is definitely some degree of dissention among the positions. The good news is there are recipes which are very healthy but the wholesome temperament of these recipes is somewhat disguised. What they don’t know in these instances truly should not bring harm their way (out allergies, which should not be discounted ).
Wholesome cooking can be difficult since many of us don’t desire to spend time planning and preparing meals that our own families refuse to eat. At exactly the same timewe need our families to be healthier so that we feel pressured to learn new and improved methods of cooking well balanced meals to the family to enjoy (and regrettably in certain instances scorn).
Cooking healthy isn’t an overnight change; it’s a lifestyle change that should really be implemented one step at a time. You don’t have to get into your own kitchen and through out every little thing which you deem’unhealthy’ simply work to never buy these items once they have been used. Make wiser decisions when purchasing fats for food prep and you will quickly realize that you’ve made an extremely important stage in the procedure for incorporating healthy cooking and eating customs at home.
It’s those small actions you take towards your aim of cooking well balanced meals for the family that may matter far greater than any creature leap. Before you realize it that you will realize that you have greater energy and a better sense of overall health than you would have envisioned before changing up your eating customs. If this isn’t sufficient to encourage you however, you could check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes after you drop a size or two.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook tortellini with a creamy tomato basil sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce:
- Make ready 20 oz. of package of tortellini, any flavor you'd like.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of butter.
- Get 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 cup of milk.
- Take 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Make ready 3 tbsp. of fresh basil, chopped finely (or 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Take 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese (plus more for topping).
Drain and combine with sauce mixture. Sprinkle with basil and serve with Parmigiano. With frozen tortellini and a can of tomatoes on hand, you can have this quick pasta dinner ready in no time. Serve with a Caesar salad and breadsticks.
Instructions to make Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce:
- Get a large pot of salted water going over high heat for the tortellini. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the tortellini and cook according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a seperate pot, get the sauce going..
- In a seperate, medium sized pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Once it's melted, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, so it can start to soften up. Then stir in the garlic and cook an additional 2 or so minutes, stirring often..
- Add the flour and whisk until it is all incorporated with the butter. Let this cook for a minute or so, stirring often..
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cream until it is all added and smoothly incorporated. Increase the heat to med-high, then add the diced tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Let this come to a gentle simmer..
- Once at a simmer, reduce the heat slightly and allow this to simmer for about 5 or so minutes, until it has thickened up. Then remove it from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese..
- By now, your tortellini should be done and drained. Stir the cooked tortellini into the sauce and stir it all together. That's it! Serve topped with some additional freshly grated parmesan cheese..
The creamy sauce includes high quality Tuttorosso diced tomatoes, heavy cream, garlic and Parmesan cheese. The skillet is packed with fresh. Don't we all love a good tortellini recipe? Prepare sauce while tortellini cooks, if tortellini finishes before sauce then toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. Add tomatoes, spinach and season: Add tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano and parmesan.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food tortellini with a creamy tomato basil sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!