Jo's Chicken Pot Pie Filling.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, jo's chicken pot pie filling. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jo's Chicken Pot Pie Filling is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Jo's Chicken Pot Pie Filling is something that I have loved my entire life.
Before you soar to Jo's Chicken Pot Pie Filling, you might want to read this brief fascinating healthier ideas about Healthful Cooking Is Essential for Families
In regards to cooking healthy meals for our own families, there is always some amount of dissention among the ranks. The fantastic news is there are recipes that have become healthy but also the healthful temperament of these recipes is somewhat disguised. What they don’t know in such instances truly should not attract harm their manner (outside allergies, which should never be ignored).
Healthy cooking is often difficult as most of us do not wish to spend some time preparing and planning meals our families refuse to eat. At the exact same time, we need our own families to be healthier so we feel pressured to master improved and new methods of cooking well balanced meals to the family to love (and regrettably in certain situations scorn).
Cooking healthy isn’t an overnight change; it’s a life style change that should be implemented one step at the same time. You don’t need to go in your own kitchen and through every tiny thing you deem’Bad’ just work to not buy more of these items after they’ve been used. Make wiser decisions when purchasing fats for food preparation and you may realize that you’ve made an incredibly important stage in the process of incorporating healthy eating and cooking customs in your house.
It’s those small actions you take towards your objective of cooking well balanced meals for your family which may matter a lot more than any leap. Before you understand it you will realize that you all have more energy and a better sense of general wellbeing than you’d have envisioned before changing your eating habits. If this isn’t enough to encourage you nevertheless, you may check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes after you lose a size or 2.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have jo's chicken pot pie filling using 31 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jo's Chicken Pot Pie Filling:
- Prepare of Filling.
- Take 5 of fresh garlic cloves, peeled and crushed*.
- Get 1 of medium red onion, peeled and chopped.
- Take 1 stick of Earth Balance dairy-free butter*, halved.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Take 4 cups of cooked chicken, shredded and seasoned.
- Take 4-5 of fresh carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Make ready 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Take 1 cup of lactose-free half and half*.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of tapioca flour*.
- Get 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, more or less to taste*.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed.
- Make ready 2-3 dashes of dried oregano.
- Take 1 of generous pinch smoked paprika.
- Get 1-2 dashes of Vietnamese cinnamon.
- Get 6 of large fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- Make ready 1 of deep dish 9" pie pan or skillet, buttered/floured or oiled.
- Make ready of Prepared dough for 2 9" pie crusts.
- Make ready of room temp water or egg-wash (whisked egg + milk) for brushing.
- Take of Substitution Notes.
- Make ready 3 tbs of cornstarch can be subbed for tapioca flour.
- Make ready 1 1/4 tbs of garlic granules can be subbed for garlic cloves.
- Take of traditional salted butter can be subbed for dairy-free butter.
- Prepare of amount of carrots depends on size; organic tends to be slimmer.
- Take of amount of salt depends on if butter and stock is unsalted.
- Prepare of reg half/half is ok, but gut will probably prefer lactose-free.
- Prepare of precooked seasoned breast meat or rotisserie chicken is ideal.
Steps to make Jo's Chicken Pot Pie Filling:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. If your oven runs extra hot and has a tendency to obliterate your food, try 375..
- Prep your ingredients – peel and chop your onion and crush your garlic, set aside. Rinse, peel and slice carrots into thin coins. Measure out peas and let them sit at room temperature. Roughly chop basil and set aside separately..
- Lightly rinse a large saucepan and shake out excess water into the sink. Set it on low-medium heat on the stove. Once water droplets have evaporated, melt 1/2 stick of butter plus 1 tbs olive oil in pan. Let it heat thoroughly for a couple of minutes. Stir or swirl the pan for even heat distribution and to prevent premature browning or burning. Adjust heat as needed..
- Add onions and garlic into the pan, and sautee for a few minutes until onions are translucent and garlic is lightly browned. Add in remaining butter and oil, and heat through..
- Once additional butter has melted, stir in carrots and peas into the pan. Once carrots are cooked but still slightly firm, add lemon juice, chicken stock, and basil. Stir occasionally..
- In a separate container, mix half and half and tapioca flour together. Whisk until blended and smooth. Gently pour into pan and stir..
- Continue to stir and let the mixture thicken for a minute or two, then add in the pre-cooked shredded chicken. Add in herbs and spices. Taste and add desired amount of salt. Stir to combine. Turn heat down to a simmer and stir frequently as the mixture comes together and is heated through. Do not boil..
- Remove the pan from heat. Gently pour mixture into prepared crust pan. (pictured: my plant-based pie crust).
- Carefully take premade top crust and cover the filling. Using your index fingers and thumbs, firmly pinch the edges to seal the top of the pie. You can trim excess dough with food-safe scissors. Take a fork or butter knife and gingerly make 3 small slits starting at the center of the pie and outward to create ventilation. Evenly brush the top and edges with prepared egg-wash or water..
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil to prevent premature browning. Place pie in heated oven on the center rack, and place a foiled cookie sheet on the rack below to catch any drips. Let bake for 35-40 minutes..
- Check on pie. If top is still heavily doughy, add time in 5 minute increments until top is golden brown. If filling bubbles up, it's okay! And if the top of the pie crust is mostly golden brown but has some slightly softer spots it's okay; it will keep cooking outside of the oven. Remove from oven with mitts and let it sit on top of the stove for 10 minutes. Place on cooling rack for at lea
st 25 min before serving to let it set. Caution: it will be hot. As pies directly from the oven tend to be..
- Cut desired portions and transfer to plates. Serve it with joy and pride..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food jo's chicken pot pie filling recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!