Healthy Homemade Vanilla Greek Yogurt.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, healthy homemade vanilla greek yogurt. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Healthy Homemade Vanilla Greek Yogurt is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Healthy Homemade Vanilla Greek Yogurt is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Before you decide to soar to Healthy Homemade Vanilla Greek Yogurt, you may want to look at this brief intriguing nutritious suggestions about Wholesome Cooking Is Crucial for Families
When it comes to cooking wholesome meals for our own families, there is always some degree of dissention among the ranks. The fantastic thing is that there are recipes which have become healthy but the healthful temperament of the recipes is significantly disguised. What they don’t know in such instances shouldn’t bring harm their manner (outside of allergies, which should never be ignored).
Healthy cooking can be difficult because many of us don’t want to spend some time planning and preparing meals that our own families refuse to eat. At precisely the same timewe need our families to be healthier so that we feel compelled to understand improved and new methods of cooking healthy foods to our family to love (and unfortunately in certain cases scorn).
There are many books and magazines which can be filled with recipes that encourage healthy cooking and eating customs. In the event that you genuinely love to cookthen there is no shortage of recipes that you are able to look at out along the way. The great good news is that you can incorporate wholesome cooking into your cooking routine whether you are cooking for one or a household of ten.
It’s those small steps that you take towards your goal of cooking well balanced meals for your family that will matter far greater than any leap. Before you understand it that you will find that you have greater energy and a greater sense of general wellbeing than you’d have envisioned before changing your cooking habits. If this is not enough to encourage you nevertheless, you may always check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes once you drop a size or two.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have healthy homemade vanilla greek yogurt using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Homemade Vanilla Greek Yogurt:
- Prepare 4 cup of milk (may use skim, 1%, 2%, or whole/homogenized).
- Take 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of granulated sugar or 1 tbsp honey.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of plain yogurt (commercial or your own homemade).
Steps to make Healthy Homemade Vanilla Greek Yogurt:
- Turn on the light in oven and leave on. Measure and pour milk into a medium saucepan. When it is warm, add sugar, and vanilla extract. Gently stir. (you can taste it now to see if you like the flavor and adjust to your liking).
- Heat on medium (7 mark on conventional stove) until just before boiling point. Stir frequently. If you have a candy thermometer, the temperature should reach to 175-180 degrees after you stir it. Turn off heat and remove from the stove and allow to cool. If a skin forms, remove it..
- Allow milk to cool until temperature drops to between 110 and 120°F. This would feel like the temperature of a baby's warm bath water. (place a drop on the underside of your wrist to check temperature if you don't have a candy thermometer.) Another way to tell if it's cooled enough, is to put your hand on the side of the pot. If you can keep your hand there without it burning you, it's cool enough..
- In a measuring cup or small bowl mix a bit of the cooled milk and the starter yogurt together. Add to the rest of the milk and stir well. You may use yogurt from a previous batch of your own homemade yogurt..
- Pour milk into a large glass or ceramic bowl or container. Cover container with a clean hand towel and place in the warm oven and leave the light on..
- Allow to incubate for 10 hours. (DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR DURING THIS TIME).
- After the 10 hours, chill the yogurt. The longer you leave it in the oven will result in the yogurt becoming more tart. It is your choice to strain off the whey or stir it back in. Straining makes the yogurt thicker and less tart resulting in Greek yogurt..
- To strain, very carefully pour yogurt into a cheesecloth-lined strainer which has been placed over a deep bowl..
- Let yogurt sit in the strainer in the fridge until the yogurt is reduced by approximately half, or to the desired thickness. Time will vary according to the thickness of the yogurt out of the oven and your own preference regarding texture and sourness. Tip the strainer or stir very gently if whey has pooled on top while straining.*(see note).
- Empty whey from bowl and pour yogurt out of strainer back into the original bowl. Use a good whisk to beat until smooth. Add milk if yogurt is too thick..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food healthy homemade vanilla greek yogurt recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!